Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Rave Track Dream

Low Entropy's Music Producer Dream Diary

I dreamed a man was standing next to me. He was explaining a track to me that I could create. It was a "Ravecore" type track. He gave me melodies for the melodies to use. He told me the whole structure of the track, including the "bass drops". "breakdowns", and so on. Especially, he explained all aspect and detail of the track I was suggested to create.
But he also told me that music production is not about finding the "right" or "perfect" melody, rhythm, and so on. It's more about what *I* feel, in my heart, what *I* want to do, in my mind.
When I woke up, I had all the *instructions* that I was given still in memory. I wrote it all down, and started working on the track later that day.
The "rave dream man" had given me the melody in musical notation only; I heard no melody in my dream. And at that point I was still a "note illiterate", so I had not the slightest idea how these notes would sound in the end; but I used the notes in my DAW just as they had been told to me in that dream.
In the end, the melodies sounded great to me, and I was very happy with the final track.

It's rare that I when I dream, I get inspired to do a track in such detail; usually more of it is left to the imagination.
But I won't complain - to the contrary!

And here is the finished track:

No comments:

Post a Comment