Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Friday, October 27, 2023

Production Dream

Low Entropy's Music Producer Dream Diary

I had some ideas for a track, and began working on it. I had it nearly finished, but one of elements didn't sound right; I had a certain idea how to use it, but I had no clue on how to technically, or otherwise, implement this track according to the concept I had. More specifically, I had a problem with uncontrolled bass frequencies that cut into the track, interfering with the rhythm of the other parts of the track, and cutting the bass would meant changing, and thus destroying, most of the sound as I wanted to use it.
So I put the track on a shelf for a while, and didn't work on it - for months!

Then one night I dreamed that I was listening to the finished track, and it sounded alright, and I loved it; and in this dream I understood how I could implement the element into the track as I wanted it to be, without interference.
When I woke up again, I tried this "dream method", and it worked! And everything sounded alright and nice to me, and the track was finally finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment