Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Complete Dream Album

Low Entropy's Music Producer Dream Diary

Dream completion

I dreamed I was looking at a small house, somewhat remove. A golden, orange, red and yellow light, or glow, was coming from it.
And music was playing that was unlike everything I heard in a waking state. It seemed to consists of harmonies and melodies that were physically impossible; beyond scales, and notions of consonance and dissonance. But most importantly, these sounds gave me a feel of total satisfaction, redemption, salvation, bliss and love. As if one had reached a state where no worries or hurt could exist anymore; only fulfillment, love, and ecstasy.

As I heard this music playing, I saw a women with golden hair and dressed in white clothes standing next to that house; and as the tune played on, her legs began to extend themselves and her body began to raise upwards, to the sky.

When I woke up, I was still completely euphoric, but I also thought "oh boy, you should have never dreamed that dream".

Because almost all my life as a producer, I had been searching for, and trying to create, this "perfect" melody, that sends one to a state of complete happiness and satisfaction without flaw, and without end.

I had just made peace with the thought that this "perfect tune" does not exist, could not exist. And that I should be happy with what I was able to create.

Having had this dream, I know I was bound to go on the hunt once more.

And I did.
I created a whole album out of the inspiration of this one dream. Almost 80 minutes.
The dream and subsequent dreams, nap dreams and mindfulness "states" gave me further inspirations / instructions on how I could go on about creating these melodies I had been searching for since decades.
And I tried to turn this into sound. Did I succeed? Yes, at least in some way, on a small scale. Essentially, the melodies that I created evoked the feelings I mentioned in me (it's clear that not every listener will feel the same way.)

This gave me a sense of completion, and also the idea that now that I'm finished with my quest, I could leave my music production activities behind me, and focus on other things in life.

And here is the album:

No comments:

Post a Comment