Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Monday, August 8, 2022

Examine Archive


Low Entropy Part 2

"(...)Music is always very direct and concrete, in the way that a trained listener can hear and identify the individual elements quite well, e.g. guitar, drums, vocals. Or bass drum, bassline, synth, percussion. Even if some producer uses 60 tracks (or more) for a track, it doesn't change in essence, because you can still hear and identify e.g. a main melody, or other elements, quite well (which is also in the nature of the production, because the producer e.g. also wants the people to be able to sing along the main melody at party). The additional gimmicks in the other tracks more or less fade into the background.

This is completely different from the art form "film", where there are usually so many details in a scene (both important and unimportant) that you don't notice all of them when you're watching (which is why there are always articles in magazines or blogs where someone has taken the trouble to go to freeze frame on an important scene and discovered some secrets)."

"Low Entropy Part 2" is the continuation of Low Entropy's "Low Entropy"(www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1wyjGKhc-E), which appeared on the first Fuckparade Support CD, and was one of my very first releases ever (released in early 2000).

@lowentropy

Hamburg, GER

No comments:

Post a Comment