Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the rest of the menu above that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

How to write music with ChatGPT: Part 5

Hello,
It's your host again - Low Entropy.
Here is another tutorial for creating a track with ChatGPT.

This is a bit different to the other tutorials (well, to be honest, all were different to each other).
For example, in part 4, we had a tutorial that was about giving ChatGPT very clear and ordered "instructions", to get precise answers, essentially to have a full track created by the AI in the end.
This is more brain-stormy here, exploring different options, inquiring about things... like a "production dialogue" between me and the AI.
When listening to the final track, you will see that while I followed ChatGPT in almost all things in some areas, such as the precise notes and rhythms the AI gave me, the vocals, and so on, in other areas I used the ideas by ChatGPT more as inspiration, improvising and modulating on it, for example when it came to the structure of the track.
But I think it's important to show this side of AI music production, too. That, of course, you don't always have to follow the AI 100% in each step, but combine it with your own creative efforts, too!

By the way: in order to get the lyrics that ChatGPT created for me into vocals that I could use for the track, I used typecast.ai https://typecast.ai/


And the actual tutorial, with the chat transcript and "step-by-step" instructions, can be found here: 


You might also be interested in the other parts of this series of tutorials: 

How to write music using ChatGPT: Part 1 - Basic details and easy instructions

How to write music using ChatGPT: Part 2 - Making an Oldschool Acid Techno track

How to make music using ChatGPT Part 3: the TL;DR part (condensed information)

How to write music with ChatGPT: Part 4 - Creating a 90s style Hardcore Techno track from start to finish

Have fun, and enjoy your AI music producing sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment