Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Friday, March 8, 2024

Live producing an Acid Techno track in Buzz Tracker


Over the years, I've often been asked: how do you produce tracks? how do you record them, how do you do sequencing? can you share some hints / tricks / suggestions / techniques?
I've often shied away from answering these questions - guess I'm a shy person at heart, after all :-)
But anyway, here it is: my recording technique.
This is how I do 99.999% of the tracks I produce.
Generate multi channeled loop of around 30 seconds.
Hit record and play that loop.
Then switch channels on and off, and manipulate things a bit, while the loop is playing.
And the track is finished!
Voila.
Hope you enjoy this little video!

This track here is a new edit of "Really Into The Space Stuff", which was released on Zuur and Arcane of Core in different versions.
So this little recording technique above can even get you on a vinyl release.
Just so you know!

Note: seems that the screen recorder didn't capture the boxes where the live fiddling of knobs is going on. Means you're missing half the fun here. It also makes it look easier than it actually is. But yeah, can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment