Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the rest of the menu above that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Industrial-EBM Hardcore-Doomcore crossover tracks

There has always been a type of sound that I am especially interested in:
Tracks that merge EBM/Industrial/AggroTech/Future Pop with Doomcore, Hardcore, and Gabber.
I mean, the similarities between these styles are plainly visible, aren't they?
Both often use "Slow", heavy, 4/4 beats. Both often employ "acidic" basslines (actually, the EBM bassline more or less is the precursor of the "acid line"). Both have very dark and somber (as well as aggressive and violent) moods in their songs and tracks. Both are liberal in their use of distortion, noise, and dissonance. In many cases, they have a similar aesthetic in their artworks etc. A lot of songs / tracks happen to be about the same topics (apocalypse, pessimism, violence, mental illness - the 'dark' side of life).
One could mention many more aspects like that.

And, generally, I think vocals / singing / shouting can improve any Hardcore genre by a lot!
Yet, as far as I know, there are very few real "crossovers" between these genres happening. I wonder why?

But regardless of that, over the years Yours Truly had a few stabs at this 'rare breed', too, especially in my collaboration with Countess M.
So here is a collection of such "Industrialized Doomcore" output by me:

Techno Stomper


Dark World


The Long March (Doomtroopers)


Slowcore Techno Resistance


Help Me Master


No Strings



Tainted Earth (Whole Album)


Fight Back! (Whole Album)


Dreams Revisited (Whole Album)


46 (Whole Album)

No comments:

Post a Comment