Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the rest of the menu above that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Malfunction Remix Competition

My album "Malfunction" had a bit of a troubled production history.
After the tracks for my "Anarcho-Psychotic EP" were finished, in early 2002 Christoph Fringeli approached me and asked me if I would be interested to do a 2x12" release for Praxis, that would also be released as a CD, with bonus tracks.
I of course said yes!
Over the next 2 years, multiple times I began working on this album and stopped again, scrapping the unfinished tracks I created because I was not happy with them. I also got distracted by other projects such as working on a sequel to my "Urban Uprising" track.
So eventually, I thought, this won't work this way, so I got up and made a plan, and wrote down exact details for every track I wanted to create.
In Spring 2004, I then set down and created 6 tracks in 6 weeks (and added one 7th track that I actually had finished earlier). This was a bit of a new thing for me, as usually it took me multiple weeks or months to finish a single track alone!
So it was a lot of effort for me to finish everything. I also had to study for a kind of exam at the same time, so I more or less spent the entire days learning, and then working on the tracks. With some minor exceptions, I didn't see friends anymore, didn't go to parties, and so on. Maybe I watched a movie at night now and then, as the last bit of "free time" I saved.
So, after this work, the tracks were finished. I don't think I strayed from the details I set beforehand for the tracks (maybe in one or two very minor things) - yet they sounded quite different to how I imagined them.
But they were okay with me, and Christoph loved them too.
All was set to be released, but then some events in my life happened that prevented the release altogether, which had to do with my interest in occultism and similar things I had at that time. I wrote down that story elsewhere, so there is no place for it here.
Years passed, I slowly walked back into life again, and the tracks lingered on. I even lost them due to hard drive damage once, but 1-2 years later I found a backup of them.
Christoph eventually convinced me that they should be released after all, this time on Praxis Digital.

So they were finally released in Autumn 2018, 16 and a half years after their inception (and 14 years after their creation!).
They quickly became a lot of people's favorite release by me; and they're definitely different from most other stuff I did over the years.

The Low Entropy project turns 25 this year, and in light of this and the things mentioned above, I thought it would be a nice idea to do a remix competition featuring this release.

Low Entropy - Malfunction Remix Competition

I created stems for all tracks from the album.
If you're interested in this project, hit me up and I'll send you a link to the stems.
You can listen to the original tracks here https://praxisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/malfunction-praxis-digital-00101

Rules:

1. You can do the remix in any style you want, Hardcore, Breakcore, Speedcore, Doomcore, Synthwave, Dark Ambient, Chiptune, Accoustic Guitar, whatever, it's your choice, as long as it's a cool track!
2. You can use the stems as you like for the remix, but you don't need to use all, or any; for example you could recreate the melodies with your own software / hardware and add your own sounds, or just use the idea of the track, etc.
3. You can remix more than one track.

4. Deadline for submission is 7.11.2022 (November the 7th, 2022) 11:59 pm. No track will be accepted after that date.
5. The tracks that get accepted will be released on a digital label (likely in a "free or pay what you want" release - profits made will be donated to charity).
6. I don't do mastering for this release, so if you want to have your own track mastered, you have to do it yourself (but it's not necessary).

Contact me at low.entropy.80@gmail.com for the stems, and also send the finished remixes to that address, subject "Malfunction Remix Competition".
Also send me a message if you have any questions about this project etc.

So, for now, I wish you a lot of fun with the tracks, and I hope to hear many interesting sound creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment