Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Static Anger


Did you like the French Hardcore sound of the 90s and early 2000s? Do you miss it?
Well today is your lucky day, punk, because this release, by Static Anger from Brittany, brings back a lot of the great things of that era.
Brutal, distorted drums and high speed, piercing percussion, but most importantly, that whole surrealist / dada approach to sound architecture that made this era so amazing.
Underlined by industrial soundscapes, shrill screams, odd samples, all-out noise... you get it.
This is some heavy, mental, adrenaline driven shit right there.
So if you think fondly of the artist and labels of those days, give this one a go.
Of course, it's not "stuck in the past" but has some very modern ideas too.
Something for every Hard-Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment