Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Past Swim Short Live Acts


The pic on the left was taken directly after my live act at All-Out Demolition! II, a party we did in a squat in Hamburg, focusing on Acidcore, Doomcore, Speedcore, and similar sounds, back in 2002 - which was the biggest party we did at that point, with several hundred visitors partying from 10 pm to 6 am to noise and flashing lights.
At that time I used to strip down to my swim shorts during my live acts.
Why did I do that? Plenty of reasons, but one of the main ones was that this was the time when "Hardcore" performances by DJs and acts became - or tried to become - very macho, "brutal", "rough" - you get the point - while the sounds played were usually just some cheesy bullshit. I hated that poser shit.
So I thought me performing on stage, just clad in my not-so-cool swim shorts, would set a bit of a counterpoint to this.
Eventually the trend swung in the other direction, and especially in the Breakcore scene live performances became over-the-top silly, to the point of getting annoying, or meaningless, so I eventually dropped these antics.

The pic of me became a bit of a cult picture though, and, for example, ended up being put on a picture vinyl release.
So, I thought, 20 years later, it's the right time to re-create this shot!
And thus, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment