Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Friday, November 11, 2022

Murmuur


Nethercords will release a vinyl EP by Murmuur very soon, and I can highly recommend it. Here is a litte review that I wrote for this release:
(Also check Murmuur's releases on Doomcore Records, btw!)

Murmuur - Rise Of The Death Gods (Nethercords)

Spanish artist Murmuur on Australian label Nethercords.
The tracks straddle the line between Doomcore and Industrial Hardcore here, with some definite inspiration by contemporary Techno. The backbone of these tracks are the pounding drums, which come across ultra-brutal, and are sure to get some people pumping on the dark dancefloor.
Supported by hellish, demoniac wailing, screeching sounds that set the right mood.
What I like is that while there is a lot of punch in the production, it's not so "overly" laden and distorted like a lot of Industrial Hardcore releases these days.
Two tracks are original tracks by Murmuur, while the two other tracks are remixes of tracks originally by Tyrant X, who is also the label owner.
This is a record that stands apart from most Dark/Doomcore outings, first by the excellent sonic production qualities, and second by bringing in new and different ideas to these forms of music.
Definitely one for the Doom and Industrial heads, and anyone else who likes creative, hard and dark music.

https://murmuurnethercords.bandcamp.com/album/rise-of-the-death-gods

No comments:

Post a Comment