Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the rest of the menu above that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Friday, January 6, 2023

My 2022 Recap

Time to look back at 2022 a bit.
2022 was a year with a lot of changes, things happening, and output for me.
Music wise, my productions usually have a specific theme, and this time, it was two of them: new Slowcore productions, and at the same time a return to my Speedcore roots of the 90s.
But I more or less kicked off the year (quite late - in mid March!) with a much different release: my "Dreams Visited" on Omnicore Records. Doing this album was literally a long time dream for me. It's a re-imagining (or re-dreaming) of my original "Dreams" album from 2013; which was a (dream-focused) concept album, with me adding vocals or text to every tracks. Centered around themes that were (and are) very dear to me.
While this original album was very lo-fi, sparse, minimal, I tried to give this revisit a much bigger scope and aim in production.  https://doomcorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/dreams-revisited

Okay, so this was my first major release of 2022.

Originally in 2021, I had begun revisiting another trait of my music history; early Speedcore, Terror, Gabber and Experimental Hardcore. Which was the type of music I did when I started producing seriously in 1997, and that was featured on my first vinyl releases on labels like Widerstand, Blut or Black Monolith.
At first just playing around and doing a few tracks in this vein, I quickly get deep into it again and began producing Speedcore "for real" once more. Of course I didn't want to get stuck in the past with this; so I tried to fuse many new and future influences into these productions.

This led to a string of releases, the first one being "The Fear Takes Hold" on gutter cvnt, which featured 5 very fast, distorted and noisy Hardcore tracks. https://guttercvnt.bandcamp.com/album/the-fear-takes-hold

And after that came my probably "biggest" release of 2022, the "Nihilism" album on Speedcore Worldwide.
13 tracks, over an hour of music, with all kinds of fast (and faster) beats; some melancholic and melodic tracks, others just noise - or a bit of cheeky fun.
The release seemed to enjoy some popularity and I got some great feedback on this one. https://speedcoreworldwideaudionetlabel.bandcamp.com/album/nihilism

Another Speedcore release by me was the "Your Destiny EP" on Gabbaret Records - which drew heavy influences from early Gabber music. https://gabbaretrecords.bandcamp.com/album/gbbr037-low-entropy-your-destiny

And a second release on Speedcore Worldwide - "Ultra Speedcore Resistance". An anti-fascist EP which exchanged the Oldschool Beats and Rave stabs for sheer angry noise at high tempo. https://speedcoreworldwideaudionetlabel.bandcamp.com/album/ultra-speedcore-resistance

2022 also saw a return by me to the Breakcore sound, with my first new Breakcore album since decades - "Doomed Hamburg Breakcore" on Les Ombres Tortures. https://lesombrestorturesrecords.bandcamp.com/album/low-entropy-doomed-hamburg-breakcore-lotrd4-glitch01

On the Techno side, a did a collab with Esther Dune into which was put a lot of work and energy - "Syntax Error / The Advent Of Acid Remixed" on Spirit Of Progess. Which features some very heavy and surreal Techno, Acid and Hardcore. https://spiritofprogress.bandcamp.com/album/syntax-error-the-advent-of-acid-remixed

2022 was the year in which the Low Entropy project turned 25 years old! I "celebrated" this with a compilation release of tracks from every year of producing. https://lowentropy.bandcamp.com/album/25-years-of-low-entropy-1997-2022

Now lets get to Slowcore. I really got involved in the Slowcore sound in 2022 (already beginning in the second half of 2021, actually), and did a number of releases in that style (usually on Slowcore Records); ending the year with my first full-length Slowcore album, "Doors To The Pleasures" on SEUA Digital Records. It features a variety of dark, disturbing, but also enlightening Slowcore tracks in different styles. https://seuadigitalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/doors-to-the-pleasures

So this was my 2022; music wise, I enjoyed it a lot, and I hope you did, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment