Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my homepage! It's split into 3 parts: 1. My blog / feed, where I talk about my music but also about random stuff. 2. "Releases and Activities", where I list projects and releases that I'm involved in, without all the banter. There is where you want to go if you are mainly interested in my music and activism. 3. And the menu on the side that links to my bio, labels, and so on. Enjoy your stay!

Friday, April 16, 2021

Feedback And Mental Health

I've been talking about my mental health on here, but this time I don't want to "whine", but to say something positive.
I've been getting some feedback by people who listened to my music who told me that it helped them a lot with their own mental health struggles and problems; for example, that it cheered them up on a a bad and negative day, or even helped them during a depressive episode, or generally provided a relief when being confronted with dark and negative moods and emotions.
And this has always been a great pleasure to me, to know that my music did some good to some people.
But what I want to say: it also works the other way round; the feedback of fans has also helped me with my own mental health struggle, and did me a lot of good and had a very positive effect.
Because, let's face it, when you do music or art in general, you pour out something close to your very heart, you share your own moods and emotions, essentially your personality - on the deepest level. So when people appreciate your art, this is basically saying: your moods, your personality, *you* are okay, likable, and you don't need to change, at a very central level. And this is of course very good to know if you as an artist are struggling with mental health problems and self esteem issues etc.
To be more direct and give an example: I always had problems with being around and talking in group of strangers. But in the last years, I came to the conclusion: "Well, there are hundreds of people who are really into your music and like it a lot; they appreciate your art, and in the end, appreciate *you*. Shouldn't that give you enough confidence to be able to behave with self esteem around a group of strangers; and isn't this just a minor problem, and shouldn't you be able to overcome it." and it really helped, and this is a much lesser problem to me now. And I could give many more examples like that.
So I am very thankful to the people who gave me honest feedback and shared their opinion and really connected to my music, because this truly helped me a lot with my mental health and improved it a lot, and I just wanna say, you people rule. And if you're struggling with your own mental health problems, I sincerly hope you will improve by a big deal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment