Production - well, the entire world of music - often works in bizarre and "labyrinthine" ways, and usually, the more bizarre or unusual the path, the better the result.
So my story and the story of "Tierra del Fuego" goes like this.
After doing many years of producing, and getting good feedback (and fame) on my music, I decided to do a sample pack with some of the drums I created over the years, also some new ones. And more drum sample packs followed.
So, one day, when I worked on a new track, I felt kinda lazy and... just loaded up one of the drums from my own sample pack, instead of creating something fancy new.
The track sounded alright either way. So I kept using my sample packs as the drum sample source for my productions... of course not for every track.
In the end I thought: why not expand on this? If I want to create good drums, not just for sample packs, also for production... it would make sense to "try" them out, kinda like prototypes that get a prototype testflight... and the "experience" that I can collect, I can feedback into the drum creation... so I almost entered my own field of techno, hardcore drum research... diy scientist, hah!
So I created a lot of tracks with the drums, not just prototypes of course, but "full-size" tracks.
Most of these have many other components too, melodies, vocals, synths... everything.
But with Tierra del Fuego I wanted to create a track that was a drum run from the beginning to the end of the track.
In the end, it didn't exactly work out like that, I added other ideas too, everything became more complicated than I thought...
But yeah, in a nutshell, this is the story of Tierra del Fuego (and some other tracks I produced.)
So my story and the story of "Tierra del Fuego" goes like this.
After doing many years of producing, and getting good feedback (and fame) on my music, I decided to do a sample pack with some of the drums I created over the years, also some new ones. And more drum sample packs followed.
So, one day, when I worked on a new track, I felt kinda lazy and... just loaded up one of the drums from my own sample pack, instead of creating something fancy new.
The track sounded alright either way. So I kept using my sample packs as the drum sample source for my productions... of course not for every track.
In the end I thought: why not expand on this? If I want to create good drums, not just for sample packs, also for production... it would make sense to "try" them out, kinda like prototypes that get a prototype testflight... and the "experience" that I can collect, I can feedback into the drum creation... so I almost entered my own field of techno, hardcore drum research... diy scientist, hah!
So I created a lot of tracks with the drums, not just prototypes of course, but "full-size" tracks.
Most of these have many other components too, melodies, vocals, synths... everything.
But with Tierra del Fuego I wanted to create a track that was a drum run from the beginning to the end of the track.
In the end, it didn't exactly work out like that, I added other ideas too, everything became more complicated than I thought...
But yeah, in a nutshell, this is the story of Tierra del Fuego (and some other tracks I produced.)
No comments:
Post a Comment