Sunday, July 19, 2026

Producer's Diary: Funeral Doom Core (60 Bpm Hardcore Techno track)


Despite the lots and lots of producing I do, I feel only few of my tracks got real "hits", in the sense that they became widely known outside the usual circles, are still mentioned and played today... and that's one of them.

The title is actually tongue in check... a producer friend suggested the term "funeral doomcore" for tracks that are even slower than the usual Slowcore stuff. I never was a fan of the name.
But I made this track that fits the bpm range.
And at the same time it actually it *is* a funeral themed Doomcore Techno track. There's the literal meaning...

So the main thing is the Slowcore beat here, 60 bpm. Quite distorted, lots of reverb. But not as much as I did in other tracks.

And all other elements are sounds that I imagined to be associated with death, funeral, horror, the afterlife.
The percussion drums a march beat, like a funeral march.
The synths are like 60s b movie horror organs or theremins.
The bells are... well, no need to explain.
There is a weak, feeble weeping sound in the middle part. The idea here is that it's close to spirit tape stuff etc that was done in the earlier 20th century.

So yeah that's about it. Funeral hit creation finished.

When it was released, it was (one of) the only Hardcore tracks in existence, that were that slow.

I actually flipped the idea around later, and made a "Funeral Hardcore" track with more regular, but still slow beats.

https://doomcorerecords.bandcamp.com/track/funeral-doom-core-short-mix-60-bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment