Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Life-Changing Dream

I want to get back to a dream that I wrote down a while ago. You can read the whole thing here: https://lowentropyproducer.blogspot.com/2023/12/return-from-earth-dream.html

I want to especially address the following part:

"I fell through the floor, into the ground, and then into darkness.
I found myself in the middle of a dark void; absolutely nothingness. Yet it felt like an enclosed, walled darkness. I could sense barriers of the void in the distance above me, and around me.
Suddenly a white and glowing humanoid being walked to me; it looked scary, but also somewhat sacred. It extended its arm to me and held a key in its hand, offering it to me.
I decided to take the key.
The being disappeared. Instead a door was visible suddenly. While the door stood in the middle of the dark nothingness, I could see light coming through the cracks.
I walked to the door and opened it with the key.
When I walked through, I first thought I was in my hometown again. The place looked somewhat like an airport, or the outside of a large train hub."


The dream, and especially this segment, did not leave my mind for a long time. I pondered about it, trying to find a clue, interpretation, meaning.
Finally, something dawned on me. I think there is a "message" to be found here, or rather, a piece of information, a concept.
And I think this idea is one of the most important ideas I had in my whole life; maybe the most important one; and I think it's very important for others, too.

Let's take a closer look at it.
A first dream interpretation, of what's going on in this fictional realm, is this:

In my dream, I got somehow trapped in a void. A disastrous situation; a primal horror experience for most humans.
But not only was I stuck in a void, somehow there were also barriers enclosing me in the void, making an attempt at escape even further futile!
But just when all hope was lost, a mysterious being appeared, handed me a key. The key created a door, and I could escape.

It might be tempting to go for this explanation of the dream story.
But some parts of it do not make sense. First, a key does not *create* doors. Why did the door appear in the moment the being handed me the key? And where did it come from, if I was in a void? If I was in a void, why was I not falling? And how could there be barriers, if it is a void? There are more things to be said here. In the end, it doesn't make sense.

Now, I know a bit about dream logic, and especially the logic of "my" dreams.
I think dreams generally represent the mind of the dreamer, their thoughts, emotions etc.
And that especially I, or my "self" in the dream, is a representation of my mind.

Running along with this: if "I" sensed there are barriers in my dream, then it means my mind *thought* there are barriers. If I perceived I was in a void, then it means my mind thought it was in a void.

But these were just - thoughts. There was never a void. There never were any barriers. There was always an exit, a way out, an escape. And taking the key made me realize this. The door did not "appear"; there was always a passage and there never was an actual void or barrier. The "being" gifted me this epiphany.

Now, I want to explain why I came to this conclusion, and how the dream related to my real life.

I was going through a very shitty, horrible, depressing situation in my life. Part of it was not my fault, but caused by things that seemed to be out of my control, and especially how people treated me and how I responded to their behavior.

I thought I was stuck. I thought there was nothing I could do. I thought no one would ever help me.
But I finally realized: "No, that's not like it is. It seems like it is that way. Even on a rational level. But it can't be true. My mind is playing tricks on me. People can't be that bad, that negative, towards me. I will give it a try, and reach out for help, and put my faith in others again."

And, yes. It turned out that, in the end, it was really just in my mind. Others were sympathetic to me and tried to help me. I found solutions and ways to improve the state of things.

Yes, the horrible life situation I was in was very much *real* - in a sense. But the idea that I could not change it, that I could not rise above it, that others would not come to my "rescue" - was an illusion, bordering on the paranoid.

All these things, realizations, changes, happened around the time that I had this dream. And that's why I think the "message" of the dream is just like I said above.

Part 2

Okay - this might seem like i had a little psycho drama with myself, and the dream helped me to resolve it. You might say: "But, above that, maybe it's not that important, right?"
No, I completely disagree with that.
In the context above, it related to my situation and the problems associated with it.
But it goes beyond that. It relates to almost every situation in life - or maybe indeed *every* situation in life. It is a human, a civilizatory, maybe even cosmic universal.
Because people always imagine they are stuck. that they are enclosed. that they are in a bad situation and cannot escape. that they could not change negative things.

they might feel stuck in their job. in their hometown. in a relationship.
they might feel powerless against their government. against society. against the authorities.
they might be artists who think they will never amount to anything.
they might be people who they think they could never a life as happy as the "rich and famous" seem to do.
they might be violently oppressed by their government, their lives might be in actual danger, but they are scared and think they could not win and overthrow their society.

i could go an endlessly with this list of examples...
and it's never true. you are never powerless. your case is never hopeless. your fate, your future, is never pre-decided. you can always rise up. you can get out of everything. you can rise above everything.
above culture, above society, above oppression and violence and misery...

and the only reason most people fail to do so is because they *image* they could not do so.
they are imprisoned in their mind. they *belief* that they have no power, that they have no hope, that they have no future.
and of course, the ruling classes, the media, all authorities eagerly feed these false "beliefs" amongst the oppressed and miserable.
but it's just a belief. imagined. fictional. it's just in people's head.

and if you realize that this is just your own belief in your lack of options, abilities, possibilities - then nothing can stop you anymore, and you can finally be free.

of course, this is easier said than done. some of these false "beliefs" exist for thousand of years now - or even longer.
it seems to be one of the hardest things for a human being, to drop the belief that they are hopeless and powerless, and to finally get on their feet and struggle to break free.

but it can be done. the decision is all yours.

there is no void in your life. there are no walls, fences, barriers. there is always a passage, a door, and you have always been free. you just did not realize it yet.


so let's do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment