Thursday, July 11, 2024

Is there anybody out there?

There is one thing I find particularly strange as a producer in contemporary times.

"Back in the days", I would do gigs, and when I played my tunes, people were on the dancefloor, or they were not; they danced, or left the floor, etc.
So, there was direct feedback to my sound.

But today, there is nothing like that. I have not the slightest idea if there is "anybody out there" who listens to my music, or even likes it.

I do an EP or an album, send it to a label, they release it, and then, bang! That was it. Nothing happens after that.

Did anybody listen to the release? If so, what do they think about it? I don't have the sligthtest idea.

It often feels to me as if I would produce all these releases, only to be thrown into the void - or a yearning abyss.

When I was still using social media, I actually asked about this once.
The answers I got made everything even more confusing.

They ranged from "you have fans all over the world who truly love your music!" to "I think your music is quite good, and it's a real shame that apparently noone else than me has discovered or listened to your music yet" to "please fuck off because everyone hates what you do".

This is all very peculiar!

No comments:

Post a Comment